Braids, whether they be box braids, cornrows, or traditional French braids are a popular way to style hair. But what if you find your braid pattern is causing breakage and frizziness? Tree braids offer a much-needed alternative.
What are Tree Braids?
Tree braids are a type of hair extension that is achieved by braiding the hair close to the scalp, similar to cornrows. However, instead of the braid being one continuous line, it is made up of small sections or "trees." This technique allows for a more secure grip on the hair and helps to distribute the weight of the extensions evenly.
You might also be interested in Crochet Braids
Tree braids are often used to add length and fullness to the hair, but they can also be used to create different styles such as updos and ponytails. The best thing about tree braids is that they are relatively low-maintenance and can last for several months with proper care.
If you're looking for a way to protect your natural hair while still being able to rock some killer styles, then tree braids are definitely worth considering!
Benefits of Tree Braids
If you're looking for a protective style that is both low-maintenance and stylish, tree braids are the way to go. Here are some of the benefits of this unique braiding technique:
· Tree braids can help your hair grow. Because they protect your ends and prevent damage, tree braids can actually promote hair growth.
· They're low-maintenance. Once they're installed, all you have to do is keep them moisturized and styled as usual. There's no need to re-braid or redo them every few weeks like other styles.
· They're perfect for any season. Whether you're trying to beat the heat or protect your hair from the cold, tree braids are a great option.
· They look great on everyone. No matter what your hair type or texture, tree braids can be customized to suit your needs.
· They last for weeks (or even months). With proper care, tree braids can last for several weeks – even up to two months! – before needing to be redone
Maintenance for Tree Braids
Tree braids are a low-maintenance style that can last for weeks, making them a great option for busy ladies who don't have a lot of time to spend on their hair. Here are some tips to help you keep your tree braids looking their best:
· -Gently brush your hair daily with a soft-bristled brush to avoid matting and tangling.
· -Wash your hair every 7-10 days with a mild shampoo and conditioner. Avoid using products with harsh chemicals or sulfates as they can strip the natural oils from your hair and scalp, causing dryness and irritation.
· -Apply a light oil or serum to your scalp and ends every few days to keep your hair moisturized. This will also help to prevent frizz and flyaways.
· -Tie your hair up at night with a satin scarf or sleep on a silk pillowcase to avoid damage from friction.
Cost of Tree Braids
Tree braids are a protective hairstyle that can be worn by anyone with any hair type. They are a great way to add length and fullness to your hair while keeping it healthy and protected from the elements. Tree braids can be installed quickly and easily, and they last for weeks or even months at a time.
Also, read our blog about Jumbo Knotless Braids
The cost of tree braids varies depending on the length and thickness of your hair, as well as the number of braids you desire. Generally, tree braids cost between $100 and $300, although prices can vary depending on your location and the stylist you visit.