Tips to protect your hair from the summer sun
Summertime is a time for fun in the sun, but it can also be tough on your hair. The sun’s UV rays can cause damage to your hair shaft, leading to protein loss and color changes. Keep reading for tips on how to protect your hair from the summer sun.
Protect your hair from the summer sun with these tips
The sun can be damaging to your hair, but with these tips you can protect it from the summer sun.
· Use a sunscreen for your hair. There are many sunscreens available for the hair, and it’s important to use one that will protect your hair from the sun’s UV rays.
· Wear a hat to protect your head and hair. A wide-brimmed hat is ideal, as it will provide the most coverage.
· Stay hydrated. Staying hydrated is important year-round, but it’s especially important in the summer when you’re exposed to the sun’s UV rays.
· Avoid excessive exposure to the sun. When possible, try to stay in the shade during peak hours (10am-4pm).
· Use a conditioner that contains SPF. Many conditioners contain SPF, so be sure to look for one that will help protect your hair from the sun’s UV rays.
· Get a trim every 6-8 weeks to remove damaged ends. Damaged ends are more susceptible to damage from the sun’s UV rays, so it’s important to get them trimmed off.
· Use a deep conditioner or hair mask weekly. Deep conditioning or using a hair mask can help keep your hair hydrated and protected from the sun’s damage.
· Protect your hair while you sleep. If you’re going to be spending time in the sun during the day, be sure to protect your hair at night by sleeping with a silk scarf or pillowcase.
By following these tips, you can help protect your hair from the summer sun and keep it looking healthy all season long!