How to put on clip-in hair extensions easily?
Hair extensions are a great way to give your hair more length and volume. If they're made from natural hair, you can dye them to match your color, give those highlights, or even style them. There is a trick to applying them. However, if you don't do it right, the results may seem unnatural. The length and texture of your hair will also make a difference when applying them.
Today, women spend a lot of time and effort on their hair. Many want long, lush hair. There are studies that show that men consider women with long hair more attractive than women with shorter hair. If you want long hair or want to add some volume, clip in extensions or combs are a perfect solution, and in this article, we show you how to put in clip in hair extensions yourself.
You may find that attaching the clip-in extensions is a bit tricky at first. However, with practice, you will begin to feel more comfortable and therefore the time required to apply them will decrease.
Get ready to wear or apply the clip-in extensions
· 1.- Get clip-in extensions that match your hair color
· 2.- Separate the wefts into groups according to the number of clip extensions they have
· 3.- Brush the clip-in extensions with a clean brush
· 4.- Iron or curl the extensions to match your hair, if desired
· 6.- Wash, dry and brush your hair
Steps on how to use Clip Extensions
Today we will discuss a super useful and 100% practical post: How to apply clip extensions step by step, without tangling your hair or dying trying. Are you dying to know how? Well, attentive, let's start!
To make everything much more illustrative and easy to follow, we have prepared several little things with which you can help yourself:
1. - Divide the hair under your ears
Slide the handle of a tail comb through your hair, just below your ears. Tie the hair on top of the comb and check the horizontal line you made in the mirror to make sure it is even. Any strands of hair that you interrupt can snag on the comb and cause discomfort.
• Ideally, the line should be level with the bottom of your ears.
• It would be a good idea to brush the loose hair under the comb once more to make sure it is detangled.
2. - Insert a weft of 3 clip extensions into your hair, just below the line
Find a weft that has 3 clip extensions sewn into it. Open the comb clip of the weft. Lay the weft on the horizontal line and slide the clip in extensions into your hair, as close to the roots as possible and close them. Start with the middle clip first, and then attach the others. Keep the extensions 1 inch (2.5 cm) from your hairline for a natural look.
3. - Repeat the process at the height of the middle of the ear
Drop another section of hair. Use your tail comb to create a second horizontal line that is level with the middle of your ears. Gather all the hair above the line into a bun, as you have done before. Insert a weft of 4 clip extensions at the roots just below the line. Again, attach the middle clip extensions first, then the others.
• Some extensions will have a short 4 clip weft and a long 4 clip weft, so you will need to use the shorter weft here.
4. - Repeat the process on your ears using a longer weft
Drop another section of hair. Use the tail comb to create a third line that is level with the tips of your ears. Insert the longest weft at the roots just below the line, starting with the middle clip extensions.
• Use a 5 clip screen or a longer 4 clip screen for this.
• If you don't have any of these clip-in extensions, skip this step.
5. - Insert a weft of 3 5.5 cm (2 inches) clip extensions below the crown of your head
Take the bun apart and measure 2 inches (5.5 cm) from the back of your crown. Create a horizontal line with the tail comb and collect the rest of your hair, just like before. Insert the final weft of 3 clip-in extensions at the roots, then release your hair.
• If you have spirals, deep indentations or other eddies in the crown area, check this pattern after inserting it to make sure it is not visible.
6.- Insert a weft of 2 5.5 cm (2 inches) clip extensions above each ear
Use the handle of the tail comb to create a 5.5 cm horizontal line above the left ear. Instead of tying your hair in a bun as before, pass it to the opposite side and secure it with a pin. Insert the weft of 2 clip-in extensions into that part 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the hairline. Repeat this step on the right ear.
7.- Add the wefts of 1 remaining clip extension where you think you need more hair
Typically, you'll need to add them just above the wefts of 2 clip extensions, 2 on each side. However, if you part your hair to the side, you may need to wear more clip-in extensions on the side with the most hair. If you use them on the side with less hair, the extensions will be more visible.
8.- Remove the clip-in extensions at the end of the day before going to bed
Starting from the upper left side of your head, feel for the hair where you have inserted the wefts. Once you feel the wefts, run your fingers through your hair and open all the weft clips. Gently pull on the plot and then move on to the next one.
• Remove the wefts from the crown down.
• Never go to bed while wearing clip in extensions or you could end up pulling them out of your hair.
Tips when using or placing Clip Extensions
• If the clip-in extensions don't stick well, spray your roots with fixative first. Let it dry and then apply the extensions.
• Curl or flat iron the clip in extensions to match your hair texture. Alternatively, you can curl or straighten your hair to match the extensions.
• If you want longer, thicker hair on a daily basis, consider using taped or sewn-in extensions instead. They are lighter and cause less damage.
• You can always dye or lighten the extensions to match your own hair, as long as they are made from real hair.
• Check the content of the extensions before heating or coloring them. If they are made of synthetic fibers, remember this could damage them. Be sure to read the packaging for safety.
• The quality of the extensions will depend on their price. If they are very inexpensive, they may not last long, since they may not be made with real hair.
• Consult a doctor if you are dealing with excessive hair loss before applying extensions. They may not be the right solution for your condition and could make it worse!
Warnings when using Clip Extensions
• Remove your clip-in extensions before going to bed. If you use them to sleep, they can get caught in your hair and cause baldness.
• You should not use extensions more than 2 times a week. The weight will put too much stress on the roots and lead to bald spots.
If you have any questions about how to put the clip extensions, or you would like to ask us something more specific, you can contact us, in the 'Contact us' section.
And if you liked this post, leave us a comment and follow us on social networks! Also, you would like to read:
See you in the next post.